Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
My mother in law used to make this cake at least once a week and no one would ever tire of it. It is one of my favorite desserts. She used to top it with cream cheese icing.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup carrot, shredded, packed
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2⁄3 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Beat together oil and sugar, add eggs and beat well.
- Add flour, baking powder and cinnamon, mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a parchment paper-lined, 9x9-inch pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
I made this cake to ring in the new year. I have made this many times and thought I had reviewed but....here it is. iT IS SO EASY! AND SO GOOD! I have prepared it with a little less sugar and then there are times I have made it with the recipe amount. I cannot make it now with the nuts because of medical conditions but it is very good with or without them. I have made frosting with cream cheese, a drizzle brown sugar glaze, plain or with Cool Whip. A great recipe!
I made half the cake in a small round pan (probably 7-8 inches). I used half sugar. Perfect like that. I made the mistake of opening a can of tidbits pineapple. So I used that. DH told me to crush them but I was too lazy. In fact it worked very well in this cake. The taste of the walnuts and coconut is great. I baked it near 35-40 minutes. And I glazed it with Cream Cheese Icing Thanks Pink :) Made for PRMR tag game