Recipe by queenbeatrice
My mother in law used to make this cake at least once a week and no one would ever tire of it. It is one of my favorite desserts. She used to top it with cream cheese icing.
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
I made this cake to ring in the new year. I have made this many times and thought I had reviewed but....here it is. iT IS SO EASY! AND SO GOOD! I have prepared it with a little less sugar and then there are times I have made it with the recipe amount. I cannot make it now with the nuts because of medical conditions but it is very good with or without them. I have made frosting with cream cheese, a drizzle brown sugar glaze, plain or with Cool Whip. A great recipe!
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup carrot, shredded, packed
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 2⁄3 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together oil and sugar, add eggs and beat well.
- Add flour, baking powder and cinnamon, mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a parchment paper-lined, 9x9-inch pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 45 to 50 minutes.