Recipe by CHEF GRPA
Are a huge hit with kids (of all ages). They’re the perfect appetizer or to bring to a picnic/potluck.
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese (about 2 cup)
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese (about 2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons drained chopped pimiento
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped toasted pecans (see My Note -- )
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Process cream cheese in a food processor until smooth. Add Cheddar, Monterey Jack, mayonnaise, pimientos, onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper and pulse to combine. Scrape into a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 2 days.
- 2. Place pecans in a medium bowl. Roll the cheese mixture into 1-inch balls and coat each ball evenly with pecans.
- 3. Serve the cheese balls at room temperature or chilled.
- My Note: To toast whole nuts, spread on a baking sheet and bake at 350*F., stirring once, until fragrant, 7 to 9 minutes.
- To Make Ahead: Prepare through Step 1 up to 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate the finished balls for up to 3 days.
- ==== === ====.
- Spinach Stuffing Balls.
- These mouthwatering morsels of savory spinach, herbed stuffing, Parmesan and Italian seasonion taste just as juicy as beef meatballs. Serve with marinara sauce or roasted red pepper puree.
- 2 cups finely crushed herb-seasoned stuffing mix.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained.
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- 1/2 cup melted butter.
- 3 eggs, beaten.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- 1 teaspoon oregano.
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- For the Roasted Red Pepper Puree:.
- 1 cup jarred roasted red peppers, drained.
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar.
- 1 tablespoons olive oil.
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350*F. In a large bowl combine stuffing mix, spinach, Parmesan cheese, melted butter, eggs, garlic powder, oregano and black pepper. Shape into walnut-sized balls and place on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until heated through and browned. Place ingredients for red pepper puree in food processor and pulse until incorporated and smooth. (Makes about 24).