CHEF GRPA's Note:
Are a huge hit with kids (of all ages). They’re the perfect appetizer or to bring to a picnic/potluck.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese (about 2 cup)
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese (about 2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons drained chopped pimiento
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped toasted pecans (see My Note -- )
- 11. Process cream cheese in a food processor until smooth. Add Cheddar, Monterey Jack, mayonnaise, pimientos, onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper and pulse to combine. Scrape into a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 2 days.
- 22. Place pecans in a medium bowl. Roll the cheese mixture into 1-inch balls and coat each ball evenly with pecans.
- 33. Serve the cheese balls at room temperature or chilled.
- 4My Note: To toast whole nuts, spread on a baking sheet and bake at 350*F., stirring once, until fragrant, 7 to 9 minutes.
- 5To Make Ahead: Prepare through Step 1 up to 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate the finished balls for up to 3 days.
- 6==== === ====.
- 7Spinach Stuffing Balls.
- 8These mouthwatering morsels of savory spinach, herbed stuffing, Parmesan and Italian seasonion taste just as juicy as beef meatballs. Serve with marinara sauce or roasted red pepper puree.
- 92 cups finely crushed herb-seasoned stuffing mix.
- 101 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained.
- 111/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- 121/2 cup melted butter.
- 133 eggs, beaten.
- 141 teaspoon garlic powder.
- 151 teaspoon oregano.
- 161/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- 17For the Roasted Red Pepper Puree:.
- 181 cup jarred roasted red peppers, drained.
- 191 teaspoon red wine vinegar.
- 201 tablespoons olive oil.
- 211 clove garlic, finely minced.
- 22Salt and pepper to taste.
- 23Preheat oven to 350*F. In a large bowl combine stuffing mix, spinach, Parmesan cheese, melted butter, eggs, garlic powder, oregano and black pepper. Shape into walnut-sized balls and place on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until heated through and browned. Place ingredients for red pepper puree in food processor and pulse until incorporated and smooth. (Makes about 24).
Browse Our Top Canadian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutty Pimiento Cheese Balls Adapted from Melissa Clark (Ballant
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 48.4
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.1 mg
- Sodium 42.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sharp cheddar cheese