- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup super chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts, very coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together shortening, butter or margarine, and peanut butter with electric mixer on medium speed. Gradually add both sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time until light and fluffy.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add dry ingredients to creamed mixture; beat until well blended. Stir in peanuts.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonsful onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.