Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is my families favorite peanut butter cookie. If you love peanuts, you'll love these cookies.
Make and share this Nutty Peanut Butter Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup super chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts, very coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together shortening, butter or margarine, and peanut butter with electric mixer on medium speed. Gradually add both sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time until light and fluffy.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add dry ingredients to creamed mixture; beat until well blended. Stir in peanuts.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonsful onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Fabulous cookie recipe! I made 1/2 the recipe and got 3 dozen. They were delicious! For peanut lovers! Made for Football Pool 2012 game.
Oh this are soooo good!!! I made 1/2 of the recipe and only added the chopped peanuts to half of the amount due to DS not liking the texture of the nuts. These were addictive, had to force myself to stop grabbing them. Using my 1 inch cookie scoop, I got 28 cookies, which are medium in size. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. Made for your win in the football pool, congrats!!!!
Have to do this.. An addition problem 24 peanut butter cookies 2 kids saturday night = All gone. Absolutely fantastic cookies, luckily my wife and I managed to get our hands on a couple each, Cooking time right on the dot, and ended up with a nice batch of soft, chewy cookies. Made for PRMR tag.. I did cut the recipe in half, and made larger cookies.