Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
The sophisticated combination of cardamom, cilantro, papaya and chopped peanuts make this into an exotic side dish or light lunch dish. From Betty Crocker's New Choices For Pasta, Grains and Beans cookbook.
- 4 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 2 x 1/4 " strips
- 1 papayas or 1 peach, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup cocktail peanuts, chopped
- Cook and drain vermicelli as directed on package.
- Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Toss vermicelli and remaining ingredients, except peanuts.
- Sprinkle with peanuts.