Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great way to have fish without feeling guilty. It tastes good with tartar sauce on the side. I like tilapia, orange roughy or catfish.
- 4 (4 ounce) fish fillets (your choice)
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped nuts, pecan is my choice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemons, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix breadcrumbs, chopped nuts and lemon zest together, and place on a large plate.
- Dip each fish fillet in buttermilk, then into the breadcrumb/nut mix.
- Press gently to coat.
- Place each fillet on baking sheet, bake 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Very nice finish for basa fillets. I recommend using fine bread crumbs and adding a bit more seasoning. Loved the lemon zest-what a great touch! I'd recommend finely grated zest.
Delicious! Only had spice jarred lemon zest, so would be even better with fresh. Thanks, Carole for posting!