1/6 Photos of Nutty or Nice Chocolate Chip Cookies
We like our chocolate chip cookies with a crisp crinkly top and a delightfully chewy center - perfection! I do include the guidelines for anyone who demands a perfectly chewy or completely crisp version as well. MAKE AHEAD: The cookies can be stored between sheets of wax paper in a container with tight fitting lid for up to 2 days.
My Private Note
Dozen C ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, for regular cookies or 2 cups self rising flour, for thicker cookies as in my photo
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional) or 3/4 cup pecans, lightly toasted (optional)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350° and place racks on middle and lower third tracks.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl, whisk flour with baking soda and salt. If you are using self-rising flour you can skip this step, you wont need the salt or soda.
- 3In a large mixing bowl beat the butter at medium speed until creamy with a handheld electric mixer. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar and beat until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. Lower speed and beat in the dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- 4Place heaping tablespoons of the cookie dough at least 1 1/2" apart on 2 baking sheets and bake for about 11 minutes for soft and chewy cookies, about 13 minutes for chewy cookies or about 16 minutes for crisp cookies.
- 5Leave cookies to cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes before moving them to wire racks.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutty or Nice Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1484.6
- Calories from Fat 649
- Total Fat 72.2 g
- Saturated Fat 43.2 g
- Cholesterol 225.4 mg
- Sodium 1048.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 209.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 142.6 g
- Protein 15.9 g