We like our chocolate chip cookies with a crisp crinkly top and a delightfully chewy center - perfection! I do include the guidelines for anyone who demands a perfectly chewy or completely crisp version as well. MAKE AHEAD: The cookies can be stored between sheets of wax paper in a container with tight fitting lid for up to 2 days.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, for regular cookies or 2 cups self rising flour, for thicker cookies as in my photo
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional) or 3⁄4 cup pecans, lightly toasted (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350° and place racks on middle and lower third tracks.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk flour with baking soda and salt. If you are using self-rising flour you can skip this step, you wont need the salt or soda.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter at medium speed until creamy with a handheld electric mixer. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar and beat until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. Lower speed and beat in the dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Place heaping tablespoons of the cookie dough at least 1 1/2" apart on 2 baking sheets and bake for about 11 minutes for soft and chewy cookies, about 13 minutes for chewy cookies or about 16 minutes for crisp cookies.
- Leave cookies to cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes before moving them to wire racks.
A really good chocolate chip cookie recipe. I used the self rising flour so I could get fuller cookies - that did not seem to make a difference in appearance. The cookies taste really yummy though and my DH has enjoyed them straight from the oven this afternoon. :D Made for Bevy Tag Mar 08.
They are better than store-bough chocolate chip cookies :P I used all purpose flour. And I used a little bit of butter with shortening. I didn't pack the brown sugar. I omitted the walnuts. They are delicious. And I cooked them 11 minutes like you said. Thanks Cheryl for a wonderful recipe :) My BF and baby loves them. Made for beverage tag.
YUM!!!! These are excellent cookies!!! I didn't have unsalted butter so I used regular and it turned out great. I cooked them for 12 mins just to be diffrent LOL and they are totally wonderful!!! My family keeps sneaking them <