Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Created for rsc 2007, this is quick and easy to prepare.
Make and share this Nutty Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces thin rice noodles, soaked according to package directions
- 1⁄2 lb chopped beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 4 scallions, chopped, white parts (reserve green parts for garnish)
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon sambal oelek (to taste)
- 8 ounces coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh Thai basil
- Soak rice noodles according to package directions, drain.
- In a wok or frying pan heat oil.
- Add onion, garlic, curry powder, scallions, and stir.
- Add beef and stir until cooked through. add carrots, cook for 1-2 minutes more, drain excess fat.
- Mix sauce ingredients in a large glass measuring cup, add to wok,.
- Cook until heated through.
- Serve over rice noodles, garnish with scallions.
Yum, yum!! I made this just as written, except I doubled (actually times 1 1/2) the sauce ingredients. I went light on the sambal oelek and my hubby mixed extra into his. Next time I will use the really skinny rice noodles!! Thanks so much for sharing!! :O) UPDATE! Tried with the really skinny noodles, and just didn't like it as much (hubby didn't mind). I like the slightly chewy texture of the pad thai type rice noodles! :O)
I wish I could give this recipe 4.5 stars! It certainly tastes fantastic and it is a keeper for sure! My friend (who hardly cooks) even asked for the recipe! My only negative remark is that my friend and I (both women) ate the whole amount of sauce - just the two of us. I would therefore double the sauce if I cooked it for four. Thanks for creating this wonderful recipe, I will for sure cook it again!
This was great....I love the ingredients, simple and easy directions...great flavor. A definite keeper...thanks so much.