Recipe by looneytunesfan
hot from the oven and topped with a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt, smothered with a rich mocha sauce, and capped with nuts and a maraschino cherry, these nutty sundaes make a real treat for all.
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans, plus
- 3 tablespoons pecans
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup strong coffee, prepared plus
- 2 tablespoons strong coffee
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- vanilla frozen yogurt
- 9 maraschino cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*. Line 9 muffin cups with paper baking cups. Heat small pan over medium heat. Toast pecans until fragrant; transfer to plate.
- In double boiler, melt chocolate, butter and 2 Tablespoons coffee. Stir in 3/4 cup sugar; mix well to combine. Remove pot from heat; blend in eggs, then flour. Stir in 1/3 teaspoon vanilla. Fold in 1/3 cup pecans. Divide batter evenly into baking cups; bake 13 minutes.
- To prepare topping, pour remaining coffee and sugar into small pot oven medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes. Turn off heat; whisk in cocoa. Return pot to medium heat; stir about 2 minutes until hot and smooth. Pour sauce into small bowl; stir in remaining vanilla.
- Remove paper from brownie and place in small bowl. Scoop frozen yogurt on top of brownie; drizzle with topping, sprinkle with pecans and top with cherry.