Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The typical green chutney gets old after a while, but can be rejuvenated by introducing some crunch into it in the form of roasted nuts. My family has been making it this way for ages, and my mom could never get away with making a biryani, without making this chutney to go along with it.
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh coriander
- 1⁄4 cup roasted peanuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 2 -3 green chilies (depending on your taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- It's simple enough: plonk all the ingredients in a blender and process till fairly smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Goes well with vegetarian curries and biryani.
- Note: 1.
- Use own discretion when adding water and salt as quantities in a bunch will vary.
- Adjust the quantity of the nuts according to preference.
- You may add more if you prefer and thicker and/or crunchier chutney.
Great! Easy recipe with almost all ingredients from my garden, I love it!
Really good, it's a steady condiment in our household now. Thank you for sharing.