Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
Cannot believe this worked! Was in a lazy mood and had a partial jar of mincemeat that needed using along with a craving for bread, so I just dump some things together in a bowl to my surprise it became a nutty mincemeat bread.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 1⁄2 cups mincemeat
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 9 1/2" loaf pan with Pam cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl stirring only until dry ingredients are moistened. (will be very stiff).
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Cool completely before slicing.
Excellent usage for mincemeat (I use the vegetarian kind). Loved Kate's muffin's and as I don't seem to be able to dispatch a loaf before it goes off. The muffins are great re heated in the micro for about 30 seconds from the freezer. Most yummy.
So fast and so incredibly delicious - I made this recipe into muffins and I, too, love mincemeat and keep at stash in the cupboard so this was so perfect. Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag.
I love mincemeat anytime & I always stock up on it during the winter holidays so it lasts throughout the year! Really enjoyed your bread recipe here & will be making it again, for sure! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar Tag]