My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups dried red lentils
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 3/4 cup dried apricots, chopped or 3/4 cup golden raisin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala or 2 teaspoons jamaican jerk seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 3/4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1/4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mango, chopped
- cilantro (to garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a medium saucepan, bring lentils and 3 cups of water to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer until tender, 10 to 15 minutes, drain and set aside.
- 3In a skillet, heat oil and cook carrots, apricots, onion, celery, garam masala, and garlic until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 4In a large bowl, combine eggs, cooked lentils, carrot mixture, brown rice, 2/3 cup of chopped nuts, half the chutney, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- 5Press mixture firmly into a deep dish pie plate; bake, uncovered, 25 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine remaining chutney, red pepper, mango, and remaining nuts.
- 7Spoon mixture on top of meatless loaf; bake until heated through (160 degrees F) about another 10 minutes.
- 8Garnish with fresh cilantro; cut into wedges to serve.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutty Meatless Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.8
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 79.3 mg
- Sodium 44.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.5 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: