Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I LOVE scones...and nuts...and, uh...pure maple syrup ;)
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2⁄3 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Oil and flour a baking sheet.
- Ina large bowl, with a fork, combine flour, nuts, salt and baking powder.
- With food processor or by hand, cut in butter until it resembles coarse meal.
- Whisk together maple syrup and cream.
- Form a well in the center of the dry ingredients and slowly pour in the liquids; mix lightly with fork just until the mixture holds together in a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto floured surface and knead gently eight times.
- With lightly floured rolling pin, roll the dough to 2 inches thick.
- Cut with a biscuit cutter and place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Brush with additional maple syrup.
- Bake 15 - 20 minutes or until golden.