Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My sister-in-law makes this wonderful salad and I finally got the recipe from her. It is so yummy!
- 2 heads romaine lettuce or 2 heads butter lettuce
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- For the salad: Chop lettuce into bite-sized pieces.
- Top lettuce with drained mandarin oranges and toasted slivered almonds.
- Slice red onion and add to salad.
- Toss everything together.
- For dressing: Mix together sugar, red wine vinegar, mustard, poppy seeds, and salt. Once all other ingredients are mixed together, add the oil and mix well.
- Serve salad and dressing separately to avoid a soggy, wilted result.
i make this all the time it is amazingly good! my favorite
I made this for a wine tasting party the other night and EVERYONE loved it and wanted the recipe! Fabulous! I am going to try it again with splenda instead of sugar.
This is wonderful. I went a bit easy on the sugar with no problems. I threw in some red grapes too. Will be having this again for lunch tomorrow, can't wait.