Recipe by mommyoffour
These are so adorable. I had these for the first time at DD's friends birthday. They are easy to put together using the refrigerated cookie dough.
- 1 (18 ounce) roll refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
- 1⁄4 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 24 pieces licorice
- 1 (2/3 ounce) packagewhite cake decorating gel
- 48 red cinnamon candies
- 24 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 48 sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough.
- Stir or knead in chopped peanuts and flour until well blended.
- Work with half of dough at a time; refrigerate remaining dough until needed.
- Place sugar in shallow dish.
- For each cookie, shape dough into 1 inch ball, then shape ball into 1 1/2 inch long egg shape.
- Roll in sugar to coat.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 8 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
- Immediately insert string candy piece in end of cookie for tail.
- Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- On each cookie, use decorating gel to attach 2 cinnamon candies for eyes and 1 chocolate chip for nose.
- With sharp knife, make 2 small slits for each cookie above eyes; insert almond slice for ears.
- Store in tightly covered container.