1/1 Photo of Nutty Layered Pastry Using Filo (Fillo, Phyllo) Dough Pecan Almo
The Miserable Gourmet's Note:
I love store bought Filo Pastry. It keeps well in the freezer or refrigerator. I make many things with it, from sweet to savory, and this is one of my families favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces phyllo pastry sheets
- 1 1/4 cups sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup egg white
- cooking spray
- 1Make the filling by briskly stirring together the whole egg, brown sugar, and pecans. Set aside.
- 2Prepare by setting out your ingredients, a pastry brush, and cookie sheet covered in aluminum foil and sprayed with cooking spray. Set the oven to 350.
- 3Follow the directions on the box of Filo dough to help keep the sheets moist while working to make these.
- 4Lay out one sheet of Filo dough and brush with egg white, layer next sheet and spray lightly with cooking spray.Continue until you have done 5 sheets.
- 5After you've set the fifth sheet down, sprinkle 1/2 cup almonds over the top evenly.
- 6Continue alternating egg white and cooking spray with another 5 sheets of dough.
- 7Next, gently spread the filling mixture, taking care to spread it evenly without damaging the layers of dough.
- 8Add the next sheet and continue as in the beginning by alternating sheets brushed with egg white, and sheets sprayed with cooking spray until you again have 5 complete.
- 9Spread another 1/2 cup of almonds over the top, and continue again with the layering of the Filo dough sheets until all sheets have been brushed/sprayed.
- 10There should be twenty sheets total and you should have three filled "layers".
- 11Cute the large rectangle into quadrants and layer them on top of one another. Place the layered pastry onto a prepared cookie sheet.
- 12Bake at 350 for approx 40-50 minutes until golden.
- 13Allow to cool and then cut into 9 pieces.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutty Layered Pastry Using Filo (Fillo, Phyllo) Dough Pecan Almo
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.4
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 20.6 mg
- Sodium 157.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 7.2 g