Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat an oven to 350°F Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil and lightly grease with the soft butter.
- In a bowl, combine the egg whites, brown sugar, vanilla and salt. Stir with a fork, mashing any lumps of sugar, until the mixture is frothy and smooth. Add the almonds, pecans and walnuts. Mix with the fork until all the nuts are well coated, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the nut mixture onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart. As you work, scrape down the sides of the bowl and stir the mixture occasionally. Flatten the mounds slightly.
- Place 1 baking sheet in the oven and bake until the nuts are well browned, 14 to 16 minutes. Using oven mitts, remove the baking sheet from the oven and set it on a wire rack to cool completely. Bake the second sheet of jumbles.
- Using your fingers, carefully peel the cooled jumbles from the foil. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.