Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This burger recipe by Anna Muffoletto from her cookbook titled THE ART OF SICILIAN COOKING showed me the Italians know how to make great burgers too. *Enjoy*
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion (med-size & chopped)
- 1 large garlic clove (I use 2)
- 2 ounces breadcrumbs
- 2 ounces romano cheese (grated, may sub Parmesan)
- 4 ounces pine nuts
- 8 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (I use McCormick Classic Herbs)
- Preheat the grill.
- Combine all ingredients & mix well.
- Shape into 4-6 thick rounds to suit the # you desire or your bun size.
- Brush the grilling rack w/oil & grill approx 3-in from the heat source for about 5 min on ea side or till burgers are well-browned & crispy.
- Serve w/burger condiments of choice, but how could mozzarella cheese & tomato be wrong? NOT!
Great burger. Made half but didn't have pine nuts. Very good with Tortellini Salad.
Made 1/2 recipe (2 burgers) last night, popped 1 in the freezer and 1 in my GF Grill. Too cold for outdoor grilling but that spare in the freezer is destined for the outdoors! I used chopped Vidalia onion and Parm cheese, and topped the pattie with mozzarella as you did, and found it incredible! Thanks for sharing Twissis. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
Another keeper from twissis! I made this using toasted, and chopped, pine nuts. Very tasty ~ loved all the different flavors blending together. Served with provolone cheese on top, and all the fixings. Thanks twissis, made for Football Pool 2008, your Week #17 win.