Recipe by Mimi in Maine
This makes a great gift with the instructions for making a delicious rice side dish. It has good flavor and easy to do. Just mix up a batch and put it in a sealed plastic container for your own use. Or share it with a friend.
Top Review by SashasMommy
This was excellent! I halved the dill because hubby doesn't like it, and halved the seasoned salt because bouillon is salty. I think I may cut down on the seasoned salt more next time, or use a "seasoned salt recipe" without the salt. Also, I didn't think the almonds added flavor to the mix, so I think I will leave them out next time. The texture they brought was nice, though. Oh, I also subbed lemon pepper for the peel and the black pepper as one reviewer suggested.
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup instant chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 cup parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (I use Morton's Natures Seasons Seasoning Blend, but your favorite will do)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried lemon peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place in bowl or resealable plastic bag; stir or shake till mixed well.
- TO MAKE RICE:.
- Combine 1 cup uncooked raw rice, 2 cups water, 3 tablespoons seasoning mix (above), and 1 tablespoon butter.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low.
- Cook about 20-25 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.