Recipe by Chicagopm
This recipe was in the local newspaper. It is an adaptation from a recipe by Mark Bittman in "How to Cook Everything, Holiday Cooking". I haven't tried it yet but reading the recipe made my mouth water.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts or 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 -8 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 tablespoon sage or 1 teaspoon crumbled dried tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 4 green onions, minced
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large, deep skillet or Dutch oven.
- Add the onion anc cook, stirring until it softens, about 5 minutes.
- Add the nuts, cook, stirring often until they begin to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add the bread crumbs and tarragon; toss to mix.
- Turn the heat to low and add green onions, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Toss and season to taste.
- Spoon stuffing into turkey' roast according to your favorite recipe.
- Or spoon into a casserole dish and bake it with the turkey during the last 45 minutes of cooking.