A great, easy recipe thanks to Emeril and the Food Network.
Make and share this Nutty Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- Bring a large saucepan of water with 2 teaspoons of salt to a boil.
- Add the green beans and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain in a colander and refresh beans under cold water.
- In the same saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the pecans, Worcestershire sauce, remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and the black pepper and cook until nuts are golden brown- stirring frequently.
- Add the green beans, stir and cook, until well coated and nice and warm, about 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and enjoy!
Well, this was a quick one thrown together last night, using the beans that are nearly always present in my fridge, we do enjoy beans! I didn't have pecans though, so I used cashews, which we love.... so it was probably a slightly different taste, but in essence, the same dish! Very nice, DD1 carefully put all her nuts to one side, I thought, oh, she doesn't like them... no, she was saving the best for last :lol: Thanks for a lovely recipe, hollyfrolly!
DH said "this is interesting". I said "this is different". OK, with all of that said, we enjoyed a very unusual green bean dish with dinner tonight. I had all the ingredients available and thought "why not" I'm really glad that we had the opportunity to try this amazing dish. This looks great plated. I would not hesitate to serve this for company. Thanks for posting.
Hello hollyfrolly, what a wonderful way to prepare green beans! Absolutely fantastic! Made the recipe just as posted but took QB49444's advice and cut down on the salt, cut out the black pepper and added a pinch or two of crushed red pepper flakes! We really enjoyed them thoroughly and will be making them again. Made for "I Recommend . . . A New Thread!" Thank you so much for sharing, Diane :)