Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The nuts add a crunchy texture to the green beans. Quick & easy yet, it adds a bit of elegance to our friend the bean.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons lite olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons coarsley chopped walnuts or 4 tablespoons coarsley chopped pecans, toasted
- lemon wedge (for garnish)
- In a large non stick skillet bring an inch of water to boil.
- Add beans and cook uncovered until beans are still crisp (about 5 minutes).
- Drain beans.
- Place green beans on a serving platter and keep warm.
- Add olive oil to the skillet plus vinegar and pepper.
- When this mixture is sizzling stir in the nuts.
- Drizzle sauce over the beans.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve.
Simple, but tasty. I used sliced almonds (toasted) as my nut, and added a bit of ginger powder. Delicious!
Didn't imagine something this easy could taste so great! French beans and walnuts really go wonderfully together. Next time, I'll stir the beans into the sauce, instead of the other way round... that way none of the beans get left out :) Also Bergy, all your veggie recipes that I've tried have that uncanny "don't-you-dare-cook-me-for-a-second-longer" crunch that's pretty darn out of this world... thanks a ton!
Yum - really good!