Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this recipe as given & was well-rewarded with a great tasting granola! On your suggestion, I used half dark & half golden raisins, & the dates were Medjool! Very, Very nice, especially when I sprinkled it over some frozen vanilla yogurt & topped that with a bit of homemade blueberry sauce! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC tag]
- 709.77 ml rolled oats
- 118.29 ml wheat bran or 118.29 ml oat bran
- 118.29 ml wheat germ
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped
- 118.29 ml pecans, chopped
- 118.29 ml sunflower seeds (use all raw nuts, seeds and wheat germ)
- 236.59 ml raisins (I use a mix of thompsons' and golden)
- 118.29 ml pitted dates, chopped
- 4.92-7.39 ml cinnamon
- 59.14 ml maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 225°F.
- Mix first six ingredients together and spread evenly on a couple of cookie sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove and stir. Bake another 15 minutes. While it bakes, assemble the other ingredients. (coat the 1/4 cup measure with oil before using it for maple syrup).
- Immediately transfer oat mixture to a large bowl and stir in the dried fruit and cinnamon. Slowly, pour in the maple syrup and stir to mix well.
- Let it cool and store in an airtight container where, my guess is, it'll keep up to a month. Like it'll last that long :-).