Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this recipe as given & was well-rewarded with a great tasting granola! On your suggestion, I used half dark & half golden raisins, & the dates were Medjool! Very, Very nice, especially when I sprinkled it over some frozen vanilla yogurt & topped that with a bit of homemade blueberry sauce! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC tag]
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup wheat bran or 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds (use all raw nuts, seeds and wheat germ)
- 1 cup raisins (I use a mix of thompsons' and golden)
- 1⁄2 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 225°F.
- Mix first six ingredients together and spread evenly on a couple of cookie sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove and stir. Bake another 15 minutes. While it bakes, assemble the other ingredients. (coat the 1/4 cup measure with oil before using it for maple syrup).
- Immediately transfer oat mixture to a large bowl and stir in the dried fruit and cinnamon. Slowly, pour in the maple syrup and stir to mix well.
- Let it cool and store in an airtight container where, my guess is, it'll keep up to a month. Like it'll last that long :-).