Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Lovely presentation and tasty to boot! Modified from the Houston Chronicle.
- 14 ounces brie round
- 1 (7 ounce) package mixed dried fruit (peaches, raisins, apricots, apples, etc. - your choice)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 (2 ounce) bagchopped walnuts
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Remove white rind from brie- discard rind.
- Place brie in the center of a microwaveable plate.
- Microwave on"defrost" setting (1/3 power) for about 2 minutes, or until brie begins to melt and spread.
- If fruit is in large or whole pieces, half or quarter until you have large bite-size pieces.
- Place fruit, green onions, walnuts and honey into a small saucepan and cook over medium heat about 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour fruit mixture over top of brie.
- Cool a bit, and serve with crackers.
- Please note: because the concoction is allowed to cool a bit, I was able to"melt" the brie on a plain microwaveable plate then transfer it to the dish I wanted to serve on (which was too large for the microwave).
- My steps were to melt the brie, transfer to serving platter, then pour fruit over and surround with crackers.
This was a huge hit with the girls night wine tasting party--
Everyone raved about it-- thanks for posting...I'll be making again--and most likely for Thanksgiving this year!!
Very nice recipe. The instructions were a bit muddled, imo. Make sure you cut up the fruit and cook it with the onions and honey before you microwave the cheese, otherwise, the cheese will cool down considerably by the time you're done. The fruit/honey/onion combo was delish on the creamy, slightly melted cheese. I served this with whole-wheat crackers and pear and apple slices. Thanks.