Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A lovely decadent way of getting more nuts into your diet and having a wonderful breakfast.
- 8 -10 slices of fruit bread
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- almond meal or finely chopped almonds
- icing sugar (optional)
- Beat the eggs and add the vanilla, spices and milk.
- Dip the bread in the batter and coat on both sides with ground almonds or very finely chopped almonds.
- Fry in melted butter until golden brown on both sides.
- Dust with icing sugar.
This is a yummy recipe. I especially liked the cinn/nutmeg combo. I added 1 tbsp Splenda & used skim milk & whole wheat bread. I cooked the french toast on both sides till golden, then sprinkled 1/2 tsp finely chopped almonds on top, then let it cook for a few seconds. I'm relatively new to cooking, so I didn't see how I could coat the bread w/ almonds & have it not make a huge mess when it cooked. If someone else finds out otherwise, please let me know! But I enjoyed the recipe as I made it, so thank you!