Recipe by Courtly
"This sweet treat is a cross of caramel rolls and French toast. It's easy to begin the night before" -From Taste of Home
- 12 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bread in a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish. In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon; pour over the bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar and syrup until smooth; spread over bread. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 1 hour or until golden brown.