Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
From King Arthur Flour's Whole Grain Baking, my new favorite cookbook. These cookies have no flour, just ground and rolled oats. Lots of chocolate chips and peanut butter, too. What more is there?
- 2⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter (6 1/4 oz.)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (2 oz.)
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar (5 5/8 oz.) or 3⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar (5 5/8 oz.)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup old fashioned oats, ground for 30 seconds in a food processor (3 1/2 oz.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats (5 1/4 oz.)
- 2 cups chocolate chips (12 oz.)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Lightly grease two baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Cream the peanut butter, butter, sugar, vanilla, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Beat in the eggs.
- Stir in ground oats, oats, and chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies, reversing the pans midway through (top to bottom, bottom to top) until they're barely set and just beginning to brown around the edges, 11 to 13 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool completely on the pans.