Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a Waitrose promotion "Local Food Heros" in the Telegraph Magazine 19th August 2006.
- 110 g rapeseed oil
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 25 g butter
- 200 g rolled oats
- 25 g pumpkin seeds
- 110 g roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 50 g sliced almonds
- 110 g mixed dried sultanas or 110 g figs or 110 g dates
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees C / fan forced 160 degrees C / gas mark 4.
- Oil and line 23cm square tin.
- Warm oil and honey together in pan until honey has melted.
- Remove oil and honey mixture from heat and add all other ingredients.
- Combine well, then tip mixture into baking tin. Press mixture firmly into tin with the back of a spoon.
- Bake until golden brown on edges.
- Score into 12 bars while still warm and leave in the tin to cool.