Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Better Homes and Gardens--a lovely addition to your holiday cookie tray.
Make and share this Nutty Eggnog Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Line a 13x9 pan with foil, then grease the foil.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, cook sugar and butter, stirring, until butter is melted. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Stir eggs and vanilla into sugar mixture.
- Add flour, baking powder, and nutmeg; stir to combine. Stir in nuts.
- Spread the dough in the prepared pan. Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from the pan.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars or diamond shapes when cool.
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar, vanilla and 1 tablespoon of eggnog. Add additional eggnog, 1 teaspoon at a time, if necessary to make the glaze a piping consistency. Pipe icing over bars.
This was a unique, tasty treat! The dough was a little difficult to work with, as it was quite sticky and difficult to spread. I thinned the glaze with more eggnog so it would be a spreading consistency and then iced the cool bars. A big hit! Thanks for sharing this new Christmas cookie tradition. Made for PRMR Tag Game.
These will make my Holiday baking tray for sure!
Fabulous - like a fudgy brownie ! We cannot get egg nog here so I subbed with sour cream but maybe next time I will omit the glaze. These bars are totally addictive !!