Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Start celebrating early with this yummy mini sized bread. The family will love it and it makes a great gift loaf.
- 2 cups prepared baking mix (such as Bisquick)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup eggnog
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter, plus extra for pans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely broken (or chopped and lightly toasted or use your favorite nut)
- 1 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen, thawed , halved or coarsely chopped - 1 cup dried cranberries may be substituted)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon eggnog
- Preheat oven to 350°F and butter 3 miniature loaf pans.
- Stir together baking mix, sugar and nutmeg in a large bowl. Whisk together egg nog, butter, extracts and eggs in a medium bowl. Add to dry ingredients and stir until flour is almost incorporated. Add walnuts and cranberries and stir again lightly (do not overmix).
- Spoon into prepared pans and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely then remove from pans.
- Drizzle with Egg Nog Glaze: Stir together 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon egg nog until smooth. Remove cooled bread from pans and drizzle with glaze. Makes 3 loaves, about 12 servings.
Delicious holiday bread, but it would be great any time. I buy and freeze fresh cranberries so I have them throughout the year. For this recipe, I used fresh cranberries and I made it exactly as written. My mini pans are for 4 loafs, so I used two regular loaf pans instead. This recipe will definitely be added to my favorites file. Made for PRMR, December, 2012.