1/2 Photos of Nutty Drunken Cod
For those who like cheese and wine,so does this fish! Try brandy or white vermouth instead of the wine,for more crunch substitute flaked almonds for the pine nuts.We enjoy this with a nice glass of Sauvignon Blanc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (7 ounce) cod fish fillets
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 medium bell peppers, deseeded and cut in rings (red or yellow)
- 2 ounces lean bacon, finely chopped
- 8 ounces mild brie cheese, cut in small pieces
- 1 1/3 cups white wine
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Wash the cod,pat dry with paper kitchen towel.
- 3Sprinkle with the lemon juice,salt and flour them.
- 4Melt the butter in a frying pan,fry the fish a few minutes on both sides until golden.
- 5Place them in an ovenproof dish,top them with the peppers,bacon and the brie.
- 6Pour over the wine,sprinkle with the pine nuts and then the with the parmesan cheese.
- 7Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the oven.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutty Drunken Cod
Serving Size: 1 (451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 701.9
- Calories from Fat 378
- Total Fat 42.0 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 195.2 mg
- Sodium 887.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 56.1 g