Recipe by Chocolatl
This Asian-inspired dish goes well over rice or noodles. I recommend Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce, which is not as salty as some other brands.
Top Review by Wing-Man
I agree it is good, but I did need to tweak it for my lower sodium desires and it was still great without any Teriyaki sauce and only 1 tbs soy. Also there is sodium in celery salt, black bean garlic sauce, mustard, chili-garlic sauce, so I did not find a need for additional salt laden sauces. To sum it up, I will save this recipe as a go to Asian flavored dish. One last thing, I added a package of frozen (I heated before adding) stir fry veggies to bump up the veggie volume. Thanks for posting.
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 lbs skinless chicken thighs (bone-in)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon black bean garlic sauce (asian)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce (Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki brand recommended)
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce (asian)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped and divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine paprika, celery salt and ginger and rub over chicken.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown chicken lightly. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add sherry, black bean garlic sauce, soy sauce, garlic, mustard and chili garlic sauce to pan.
- Mix well and bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring to blend.
- Reduce heat and add onion, pepper, mushrooms and 1/4 cup walnuts.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Cover and cook on low for 1 hour, or until chicken is tender and vegetables are cooked.
- Combine water and cornstarch.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into pan.
- Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring, until sauce is shiny and slightly thickened.
- Stir in remaining walnuts and serve.