1/2 Photos of Nutty Drunken Chicken
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This Asian-inspired dish goes well over rice or noodles. I recommend Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce, which is not as salty as some other brands.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 lbs skinless chicken thighs (bone-in)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon black bean garlic sauce (asian)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce (Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki brand recommended)
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce (asian)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped and divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1Combine paprika, celery salt and ginger and rub over chicken.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Brown chicken lightly. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 4Add sherry, black bean garlic sauce, soy sauce, garlic, mustard and chili garlic sauce to pan.
- 5Mix well and bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring to blend.
- 6Reduce heat and add onion, pepper, mushrooms and 1/4 cup walnuts.
- 7Return chicken to pan.
- 8Cover and cook on low for 1 hour, or until chicken is tender and vegetables are cooked.
- 9Combine water and cornstarch.
- 10Stir cornstarch mixture into pan.
- 11Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- 12Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring, until sauce is shiny and slightly thickened.
- 13Stir in remaining walnuts and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutty Drunken Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.6
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 188.2 mg
- Sodium 1862.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 51.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black bean garlic sauce