Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 16 bars.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
- 1Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- 2Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- 3Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, sugar, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and then walnuts - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- 4Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- 5NUTTY DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BROWNIES GIFT TAG:
- 6Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 1/2 cup butter, melted, and 3 eggs.
- 7BROWNIES INSTRUCTIONS:
- 8Preheat oven to 350.
- 9In a large bowl, combine the butter and eggs.
- 10Add the contents of the jar, and stir until just moistened; do not overstir.
- 11Spread the batter evenly in a greased 8x8 inch baking pan.
- 12Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- 13Cool completely in pan before cutting into 16 squares.
- 14Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutty Double Chocolate Brownies (Gift Mix in a Jar)
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.4
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 55.6 mg
- Sodium 107.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 21.8 g
- Protein 3.6 g