Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Bridget Jones. I tried this to use up eggs and ham from Easter but they're so good I'll make them again other times of year!
- 6 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 1⁄2 ounces cooked ham, chopped
- 4 teaspoons walnuts, finely chopped (4 walnut halves)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- paprika, to garnish
- gherkin, to garnish
- Cut eggs in half and scoop out yolks.
- Mix together all ingredients with the egg yolks and spoon into the whites.
- Garnish with paprika and gherkin slices.
I made this leaving out the ham and using a little more walnuts. Delicious! Thanks Jen!
Made these more as a trial run & was so pleased wit them that I'll be adding them to my next finger food buffet when I host the next of several monthly meetings! I usually stick with sweet pickles, but a small slice of gherkin on each of these added a great boost! I did season with lemon pepper rather than the usual S&P! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
These were so yummy! I' don't love devilled eggs, but I really enjoyed these. I didn't have ham, I did add a splash of lemon juice and then topped it with a sliver of baby dill pickle for garnish. The crunch was awesome and the flavors were a great combination. Thanks for posting. These are probably going to be my "go - to" devilled egg recipe for holidays and parties!