Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a refreshing side dish, originally published in Cooking Light magazine.
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced, seeded and peeled
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dry-roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- Combine first five ingredients in a medium bowl; toss to coat cucumber.
- Sprinkle with onions and peanuts.
Simple and tasty. I forgot the sugar, whoops. The only sesame oil I had was light not dark.
I loved the flavor of this dressing. I used seasoned rice vinegar and left out the sugar and used a maui onion instead of green. Delicious! Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag Game 2011.
We liked this & thought it a nice change for cucumbers. I know I'll be making it again. I appreciate the low amount of sugar, but that it stioll provided lots of flavor. I added a few red pepper flakes. Made for Spring 2010 Pick A Chef.