Recipe by Dustin's Mom
This is the best variation I have ever had of the Ramen Noodle Coleslaw. The red pepper gives the salad a delicate sweetness, the roasted nuts, seeds and noodles adds crunch and the proportions are so well balanced that you will be asked time and again for this recipe.
Top Review by sugarpea
I've never had a ramen salad before and this recipe makes me regret that. Delicious, extremely easy to make and flavor-packed. The changes I made were to use Splenda and olive oil and to pan roast the nuts and noodles rather than bake them. Thanks for a great version of slaw, Kim.
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 3⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 (3 ounce) package chicken-flavored ramen noodles (set flavor packet aside and crunch up the noodles)
- 1 (1 lb) package coleslaw mix
- 1 red pepper, chopped small
- 1 small vidalia onions or 1 small other sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast nuts, seeds and crunched up noodles on a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Cool and store in airtight container until ready to add to slaw.
- Combine cole slaw, peppers and onions in a large bowl.
- Whisk together vinegar, oil sugar and noodle flavor packet until well blended.
- Pour over slaw.
- It tastes best when this is allowed to marinade overnight but it is not necessary.
- Just before serving, add nut mixture and stir well.