Dustin's Mom's Note:
This is the best variation I have ever had of the Ramen Noodle Coleslaw. The red pepper gives the salad a delicate sweetness, the roasted nuts, seeds and noodles adds crunch and the proportions are so well balanced that you will be asked time and again for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 (3 ounce) package chicken-flavored ramen noodles (set flavor packet aside and crunch up the noodles)
- 1 (1 lb) package coleslaw mix
- 1 red pepper, chopped small
- 1 small vidalia onions or 1 small other sweet onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1Roast nuts, seeds and crunched up noodles on a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- 2Cool and store in airtight container until ready to add to slaw.
- 3Combine cole slaw, peppers and onions in a large bowl.
- 4Whisk together vinegar, oil sugar and noodle flavor packet until well blended.
- 5Pour over slaw.
- 6It tastes best when this is allowed to marinade overnight but it is not necessary.
- 7Just before serving, add nut mixture and stir well.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutty Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.3
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 179.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar