Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the best variation I have ever had of the Ramen Noodle Coleslaw. The red pepper gives the salad a delicate sweetness, the roasted nuts, seeds and noodles adds crunch and the proportions are so well balanced that you will be asked time and again for this recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 3⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 (3 ounce) package chicken-flavored ramen noodles (set flavor packet aside and crunch up the noodles)
- 1 (1 lb) package coleslaw mix
- 1 red pepper, chopped small
- 1 small vidalia onions or 1 small other sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- Roast nuts, seeds and crunched up noodles on a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Cool and store in airtight container until ready to add to slaw.
- Combine cole slaw, peppers and onions in a large bowl.
- Whisk together vinegar, oil sugar and noodle flavor packet until well blended.
- Pour over slaw.
- It tastes best when this is allowed to marinade overnight but it is not necessary.
- Just before serving, add nut mixture and stir well.