Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Nigella Lawson's "Nigella Express" episode "On The Run"
Make and share this Nutty Cole Slaw - Nigella Lawson recipe from Food.com.
- 4 scallions, sliced thin
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 celery ribs, sliced thin
- 1 medium head cabbage, cored and sliced thin
- 2⁄3 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons buttermilk or 4 tablespoons yogurt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine vegetables in a large bowl.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients. Pour over vegetables and add pecans.
I really enjoyed this salad! I loved the maple syrup in it! It was crunchy and yummy. Thanks! Made for PAC event-Fall 2009.
Just reading the recipe has made me want to go and make it again! The crispness of the vegetables blended with the creamy dressing is just lovely. I have used walnuts in this when I didn't have pecans and it still tasted wonderful. It is a super accompaniment to the Buttermilk Chicken. I always have to make plenty so that we can all have salad lunches the next day.