Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Not a sweet bread. Adapted from Electric Bread. This is a very tender yet chewy bread with a pleasant nutty crunch. I prefer to use all walnuts instead of walnuts and pecans. You can bake this on the regular or rapid cycle. You can also mix this on the dough cycle. Shape and let rise about 40 minutes, and bake in the oven, 400° F. for about 30 minutes. Any way you bake it, you'll like it! Time will vary according to your machine. This makes a 1 1/2 pound loaf.
- 1 1⁄8 cups water (1 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons cream of coconut
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut (or flaked coconut)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast (3 teaspoons if using active dry yeast)
- Add ingredients in order listed, or as recommended by manufacturer.
- Bake on regular setting or rapid setting.