Recipe by Mom2Rose
Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 3 1/2 dozen cookies.
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped and toasted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the powdered sugar, flour, walnuts, salt and then cinnamon - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- NUTTY CINNAMON COOKIES GIFT TAG:.
- Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 1 1/2 cups butter, softened, 1 tsp vanilla extract and 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
- COOKIE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large bowl, blend the butter and vanilla extract; add the contents of the jar, and stir until well mixed.
- Roll the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and arrange on an ungreased baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the edges are light brown in color.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet; then roll each cookie in the powdered sugar.
- Transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.