Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
- Creating the Gift in a Jar:.
- Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, sugar and then pecans - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- NUTTY CHOCOLATE SNICKERDOODLES COOKIES GIFT TAG:.
- Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 3/4 cup butter, softened, 1 egg, 2 tsp milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 3 tbsp sugar and 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- COOKIE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, blend the butter, egg, milk and vanilla extract.
- Add the contents of the jar, and blend with an electric mixer set on medium speed.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Roll the dough into 2 inch balls and roll in the sugar mixture to coat.
- Place the balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are light brown in color.
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Made for Aus/NZ Twelve Days of Christmas Recipe Swap. Another yummy cookie that I didn't make a gift, but as an addition to my dozens of Christmas cookies. Snickerdoodles are one of my favorite cookies and then the addition of chocolate makes them that much better. I was able to make these gluten free using my gluten free cookie flour mix (soon to be posted). Thanks for posting this recipe Mom2Rose.