Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
These are a little different than just chocolate dipped pretzels. I guessed at the time it takes to make these and it doesn't include the sitting time.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable shortening
- 25 twisted pretzels
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine shortening and chocolate chips in a microvable safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes are until ingredients are melted.
- Stir until smooth.
- Carefully remove bowl from microwave.
- Place a sheet of wax paper on the counter or any flat surface.
- Dip each pretzel in chocolate mixture and place on waxed paper and quickly sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Let pretzels sit at room temperature for 1 hour or until chocolate is harden.
bullwinkle,I make these in chocolate and in white chocolate for my married daughters all the time,because they love them,but I NEVER EVER thought to put chopped walnuts on them,Oh boy we really like them this way.Thank You Soooo Much, Darlene
These were just right to satisfy my chocolate craving. I used Chow mein noodles instead of pretzels because I'm not a big fan of pretzels. These will be made again the next time I crave chocolate! Thanks for sharing:)