Recipe by tree luee dee
This recipe comes from a Taste of Home magazine. It's on my list of things to make for Christmas. It look sooo irresistable that I just had to post it for everyone. I put the chilling time under the cooking time.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Easy and tasty. Would be fun for kids to make. Here are my tips: dip marshmallows using a long wooden skewer and place in foil muffin baking cups in covered container in refrigerator. Mixture is easier to work with when it has cooled just a bit. I tried rolling in peppermint too as the kids don't eat nuts. It was good but pecans were better. These are large candies, I left them in the baking cups for serving. I suggest eating some of the chocolate with a spoon, it's very yummy. Thanks, tree luee dee, for posting!
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 40 large marshmallows
- 4 cups coarsley chopped pecans (about 1 pound)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a microwave or heavy saucepan, heat chocolate chips, milk and marshmallow creme just until melted;stir until smooth (mixture will be thick).
- With tongs, immediately dip marshmallows, one at a time, in chocolate mixture.
- Shake off excess chocolate; quickly roll in pecans.
- Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
- Reheat chocolate mixture if necessary for easier coating.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.