1 hr 10 mins
I have served this decadent torte at many dinner parties, and have always receive never-ending compliments over this fantastic chocolate torte..I think it must be the pureed pears that give it it's rich flavour. It is surprisingly easy to prepare made with a mix, but no one will ever guess...this is certainly a winner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1/3 vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (15 ounce) can sliced pears, drained
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 cup hot caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- 1/2 teaspoon milk
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- 3In a microwave, melt chocolate chips with condensed milk; stir until smooth, set aside.
- 4In a mixing bowl, combine, cake mix, oil and cinnamon until crumbly.
- 5Set aside 1/2 cup for topping.
- 6In a blender or food processor, process pears until smooth; add to remaining cake mixture with the eggs.
- 7Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- 8Pour into a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- 9Drop melted chocolate by tablespoonfuls over the batter.
- 10Combine pecans, water and the reserved cake mixture; crumble over chocolate.
- 11Bake, for 45-50 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- 12Cool for 10 minutes.
- 13Carefully, run a knife around sides of pan to loosen.
- 14Cool completely on wire rack.
- 15Remove sides of pan.
- 16Combine caramel topping with milk until smooth; drizzle on serving plates.
- 17Put a slice of baked torte over the drizzle on plate.
- 18Serve with whipped cream or icecream if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutty Chocolate Fudge Torte
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.2
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 483.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 34.3 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: