Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have served this decadent torte at many dinner parties, and have always receive never-ending compliments over this fantastic chocolate torte..I think it must be the pureed pears that give it it's rich flavour. It is surprisingly easy to prepare made with a mix, but no one will ever guess...this is certainly a winner.
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄3 vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (15 ounce) cansliced pears, drained
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄4 cup hot caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon milk
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips with condensed milk; stir until smooth, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine, cake mix, oil and cinnamon until crumbly.
- Set aside 1/2 cup for topping.
- In a blender or food processor, process pears until smooth; add to remaining cake mixture with the eggs.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Drop melted chocolate by tablespoonfuls over the batter.
- Combine pecans, water and the reserved cake mixture; crumble over chocolate.
- Bake, for 45-50 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Carefully, run a knife around sides of pan to loosen.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Combine caramel topping with milk until smooth; drizzle on serving plates.
- Put a slice of baked torte over the drizzle on plate.
- Serve with whipped cream or icecream if desired.