Prep 35 mins
Cook 12 mins
Everyone loves these buttery cookies chock full of chocolate and nuts. Land-O-Lakes Cookbook.
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces milk chocolate candy bars, cut into 1/4-inch (1 cm)
- heat oven to 375*F.
- in large mixer bowl combine brown sugar, sugar, egg and vanilla. beat at med speed scraping bowl often, until mixed.
- add flour, baking soda and salt, continue beating until well mixed.
- by hand, stir in walnuts and chocolate.
- drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2" apart onto cookie sheet.
- bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned.
- cool before removing from cookie sheet.
Excellant base recipe that can be changed up . I used chopped peanuts and 4 ounces of semi sweet baking chocolate chopped in varois sized chips and chunks. The cookies are have wonderful crisp edges and a soft chewy center. Leaving on the cookie sheet to cool is a MUST they are very soft until completly cooled. Made for Photo Tag. A keeper for me .