Recipe by peachez
Found this gem on a package of walnuts. It's become a favourite here at our house. I cut them into bite size pieces just so I can have a few to savour and not feel any pangs of guilt.
Top Review by The_Desperate_Housewife
This is an excellent bar recipe. I followed the directions exactly as written. The only trouble I had was that after they were cut, the bottom crust didn't always stay "attached". Perhaps I baked the crust too long or should have "pressed" the chocolate chips and nuts into the crust. Despite that, they turned out to be a tasty little treat that I will make again. Thanks for a great recipe!!!!
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 cup caramel ice cream topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine 2 Cups flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt Add butter, stir until moistened.
- Reserve 1 Cup of crumb mixture for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Remove pan from oven, sprinkle with chocolate morsels and walnuts.
- In a small bowl combine remaining 1/3 Cup flour and caramel topping.
- Drizzle over crust.
- Sprinkle evenly with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 20- 25 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Cool in pan.
- Cut into bars.