Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
The almonds in the coating give this a delicious crunchy texture. This is a pretty quick, easy recipe. Serve with a choice of dipping sauces (bbq, honey, ranch).
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 3 smaller size)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- Cut chicken into strips about 1 inch wide.
- In a large, resealable plastic bag, combine bread crumbs, almonds, cilantro, seasoned salt and pepper.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl.
- Combine egg and milk in a second bowl.
- Dip chicken strips in flour, then in egg mixture.
- Place in bag and shake to coat.
- Heat vegetable oil over medium heat in a good size frying pan. Cook chicken in oil for 10-12 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with your choice of dipping sauces.
Family rated this one top marks, all loved this delicious tasting chicken, especially me! Flavorful coating. This is one I would proudly serve to guests. Other then using parsley because I didn't have the cilantro, I made as posted with wonderful results. Teenager and his brother love this with plum sauce. Thank you jaynine for a recipe we all enjoyed.
My kids loved this. Was really easy to make. I substituted breadcrumbs for Ritz crackers and chopped both the crackers and the almonds in my Cuisinart. Frying was much shorter - about six minutes. I suggested not frying the chicken in batches. Try to do it all at once b/c the leftover crumbs/almonds in the oil burn.