Recipe by jaynine
The almonds in the coating give this a delicious crunchy texture. This is a pretty quick, easy recipe. Serve with a choice of dipping sauces (bbq, honey, ranch).
Top Review by Gerry
Family rated this one top marks, all loved this delicious tasting chicken, especially me! Flavorful coating. This is one I would proudly serve to guests. Other then using parsley because I didn't have the cilantro, I made as posted with wonderful results. Teenager and his brother love this with plum sauce. Thank you jaynine for a recipe we all enjoyed.
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 3 smaller size)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into strips about 1 inch wide.
- In a large, resealable plastic bag, combine bread crumbs, almonds, cilantro, seasoned salt and pepper.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl.
- Combine egg and milk in a second bowl.
- Dip chicken strips in flour, then in egg mixture.
- Place in bag and shake to coat.
- Heat vegetable oil over medium heat in a good size frying pan. Cook chicken in oil for 10-12 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with your choice of dipping sauces.