Prep 12 mins
Cook 7 mins
Include these chicken bites at your next buffet party or feature them as a main dish (enough for five main-dish servings). This recipe from Better Homes & Gardens' New Dieters's Cookbook couldn't be any easier or quicker...and, at 53 calories there is no guilt!
- 1⁄3 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves (cut in 3X1-inch strips)
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- reduced-calorie ranch dressing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a shallow dish combine cornflake crumbs, pecans, parsley, garlic powder and optional salt. Dip chicken strips in milk, then roll in crumb mixture. Place in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- If desired, serve with ranch-style dressing.
Great taste to these! I made chicken tenders, which are slightly larger, so had to bake them longer. The coating held up nicely and stayed crisp (I turned them once or twice during baking). I had to substitute garlic salt for powder because I didn't have any powder, so I did not add the optional salt. I also added about 1/4 tsp onion flakes to the breading. My whole family enjoyed these and we will be making them again. Thanks!
I love to get these for dinner because the McDonalds ones are not good for you so I get these. I like them in white (ranch) dressing and I like them crunch (when they are put under the broiler).
We loved the flavor on these. I used turkey cutlets instead of chicken and these were a lovely dinner. The only problem I had was that the coating mix ran out halfway through and I needed to make more up. I'm not sure if I was putting it on too heavy, but we needed more. We ate these, along with french fries, with ketchup and barbeque sauce to dip into. Great kid friendly meal!